Therapy that changes your life.
Improving your mental health positively impacts every area of your life.
Click below to book your free 30 minute phone consultation.
Areas of Expertise:
Coping with Intense Emotions
When you don’t feel in control of your emotions it is difficult to have an enjoyable life. It’s hard to be productive and challenging to have healthy relationships with other people. The emotion regulation strategies I share in therapy help you to rewire your brain to decrease the frequency and intensity of emotional pain.
Together we explore your thoughts, feelings and behaviors. This helps you to reduce your emotional pain by better understanding the root causes of anxiety, depression, anger and stress.
You’ll learn how to practice:
- self compassion
- mind-body regulation techniques
- somatic relaxation exercises
- an exploration of your own mindsets, beliefs and thought patterns
- positive self talk
- living in the present moment rather than the future or the past
- value based living
- balance & time management
Improving Relationships & Communication
It’s hard to feel disconnected from others, unsupported or unfulfilled in your relationships. Being isolated, feeling misunderstood or unheard can cause immeasurable hurt. Cultivating healthier relationships and improving your communication can drastically improve your life and help you to feel more supported, confident and happier.
In our therapy sessions I’ll provide you with support and compassion while we process your feelings around relationships. I’ll help you to better understand how you relate to your significant other, family, friends and coworkers. We’ll work together to identify your patterns in relationships, communication style and explore and implement healthy interpersonal boundaries.
You’ll learn how to:
- connect more deeply & decrease conflict
- decrease emotional reactivity
- feel confident asking for what you want
- feel heard and understood
- take other people’s behavior less personally
- set boundaries
- decrease codependency
- develop more supportive relationships
Self Love & Self Esteem
Having a positive relationship with yourself is a core component of mental wellbeing, happiness and stability. Truly loving and accepting yourself can lead to increased resilience, life satisfaction, professional success and healthier relationships with others.
Numerous factors can damage the relationship you have with yourself. Past trauma, neglect, abandonment or abuse can shift your beliefs about whether you’re inherently lovable, “good”, worthy or deserving of happiness. Family roles, cultural dynamics and social systems also play a role in shaping your beliefs about what you deserve and your value as a human being.
Issues with self love can lead to perfectionism, social anxiety, depression, unhealthy relationship dynamics, personality disorders, stress, self harm and addiction. I will help you to improve your relationship with yourself by illuminating the root causes of your negative beliefs about yourself. We’ll work together to shift these beliefs and help you build healthy, stable self esteem.
You’ll learn how to:
- recover from invalidation
- heal from past interpersonal trauma
- identify and utilize your own unique strengths
- challenge negative beliefs about yourself
- treat yourself like someone you love
If you’re experiencing anxiety you may notice yourself feeling stressed or nervous about what could go wrong or anticipating bad things that might happen in the future. You may also notice yourself reliving the past, thinking back on regrets or yearning for “how things used to be.” Mindfulness can help you avoid these unhelpful patterns by living in the present and maximizing the happiness you experience now.
Mindfulness encourages a focus on the present moment- observing your thoughts, feelings and actions rather than ignoring your inner experience and operating on autopilot. Mindfulness helps you to feel more in control of your life and allows you to make healthier choices. It’s a key factor in changing unhelpful patterns.
I’ll teach you how to:
- increase your awareness of the present moment
- think and act in your own best interest
- decrease reactivity & unhelpful past patterns of behavior
- practice acceptance of yourself, your circumstances & life challenges
- use sensory grounding techniques
- practice meditation & other mindful activities
Frequently Asked Questions:
What conditions and concerns do you treat?
Conditions treated in this practice include:
- Overwhelming Emotions
- Mood Disorders
- Relationship & Communication concerns
- Self Esteem and Confidence issues
- Trauma & PTSD
How is therapy with you unique?
Passion & Compassion
I care deeply about people and truly love being a therapist. It’s immensely gratifying to help people better understand themselves, feel less emotional pain and achieve their personal goals. Therapy sessions with me feel comfortable, like opening up to a supportive friend. My aim is to help you feel accepted, understood and that you have an ally who will help you solve your problems.
Making you a Priority
During our sessions I’ll ensure you get the personalized attention, time and high quality care you deserve. I understand that every person is different and that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to mental health. I’ll make every effort to understand you, work with you collaboratively and meet your unique and individual needs.
Strategies that Work
While some therapists just listen, I take a more active approach. You deserve help solving your problems, improving relationships and changing longstanding patterns you’ve been struggling with. Our therapy work together helps you to think more positively, act more confidently and genuinely stops suffering rather than putting a band-aid over it. My scientifically proven methods lead to real, lasting change.
Support Beyond Sessions
Some people want therapy for a lifetime, while others want only a few sessions. I respect your choices and aim to help you improve your mental health on the timeline that works best for you. With my help you learn to become your own therapist over time- tuning in to your own needs and learning how to better support yourself.
I often share secure messages full of information and a review of what was discussed during your session. This information is yours to keep for life and can be a helpful reminder of what works to maintain your mental health.
What can I expect in a therapy session?
You can expect to feel validated, supported and better educated on how to manage painful feelings, improve your relationships and achieve your personal goals.
I practice Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) – which focuses on providing empathy and compassion while also teaching practical techniques to keep emotions balanced, reduce emotional pain, practice mindfulness, and improve relationships.
I listen intently during sessions and really care about your feelings and experiences. I utilize a non-judgmental approach to help you feel seen and heard, and work with you to find solutions to your problems.
Therapy sessions are 53-60 minutes. Most people meet with me weekly or every two weeks.
What are the benefits of Psychotherapy?
I have helped hundreds of people achieve benefits from therapy such as:
- Improved Mood
- Decreased anxiety & stress
- Letting go of pain from past experiences
- Increased self love & confidence
- Decreases in negative thinking
- Increased energy & motivation
- Improved relationships
- Increased self awareness
- Accomplishing personal & professional goals
How much does therapy cost?
$150 for 55 minute sessions
What are common therapy goals you help people work on?
- “Improve my mood”
- “Decrease my anxiety/ stress”
- “Learn techniques to manage painful emotions effectively”
- “Increase self confidence”
- “Heal from past trauma”
- “Improve my relationships”
- “Improve my communication”
- “Learn to set healthy boundaries”
- “Achieve professional goals”
- “Improve work/ life balance”
- “Change unhelpful life patterns”
How will I know if therapy is working?
Some of the positive changes that come from therapy:
- A positive change in mood, mindset and thoughts
- You use healthier techniques to manage stress
- You better understand yourself and your needs
- You are kinder to yourself
- Your relationships with others improve
- You feel more focused and motivated
- You find it easier to forgive yourself and others
- Your personal history no longer feels like it is negatively impacting your present life
- You have a clearer sense of your boundaries and how to communicate them assertively
- You are more resilient to challenges
- You feel a sense of inner peace
What Insurance Plans are accepted?
* Other Insurance: My medical billing specialists can also help you to get money back from your insurance company if you have “out of network benefits.”
Latest from the Blog