Frequently Asked Questions:
What conditions and concerns are treated in this practice?
Conditions treated in this practice include:
- Overwhelming Emotions & Mood Disorders
- Trauma, PTSD & CPTSD
- Relationship & Communication concerns
- Self esteem and Confidence issues
How is therapy with Elizabeth Milano unique?
Over the past 10 years, Elizabeth has helped thousands of people live healthier and happier lives. She truly loves helping others heal their pain, find joy and maximize their potential. Therapy is Elizabeth’s life passion- she uses a warm, compassionate and accepting approach to treat each person with the care they deserve.
Elizabeth uses science backed techniques & teaches new skills while providing insight on unconscious thought processes that may be influencing your behaviors, thoughts and emotions. Therapy with Elizabeth can help you to help you learn to care for yourself, even if you have never truly been cared for in the way that you deserve to be. Elizabeth understands that when people experience neglect or abuse they often have a tendency to abuse or neglect themselves. She helps people learn healthier patterns of responding to themselves, heal their pain and enjoy their lives to the fullest. The goal is never to keep people in therapy indefinitely, but instead to help people gain insight, learn new tools, maximize their potential and live life happily.
Because many people experience memory and concentration issues when they are dealing with mental health issues, Elizabeth ends many sessions with a secure message full of practical information discussed during that session.
What can I expect in a therapy session?
Therapy sessions are currently offered via phone and video to residents all across the state of Florida. Evening and Weekend Sessions are available.
Elizabeth also provides “walk and talk” therapy in Miami. Walk and talk sessions are conducted in Brickell Key or Bayfront Park Miami- these sessions consist of slow paced walking while talking through therapeutic concerns. Walk and talk sessions can help to integrate the body and mind, provide exercise, exposure to nature, in person connection and vitamin D from sunshine. COVID-19 precautions are taken as indicated by the CDC.
A specialized and tailored approach is employed to meet each person’s unique needs. During therapy sessions Elizabeth allows people the space and time to process painful emotional experiences in order to move past them.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is the primary type of therapy used in sessions. It offers practical techniques and strategies that can be used to better manage emotions, improve relationships and tolerate difficult situations. This type of therapy is similar to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in many ways and helps to illuminate the connection between your thoughts, feelings and behaviors. It is often helpful with anxiety, depression, stress, life changes, personality disorders, narcissism and healing from trauma.
Elizabeth also address the mind-body connection and assists individuals in re-training their nervous system. Mind body work may focus on:
– Relaxation strategies
– Nutrition & Exercise that may support mental health
– Meditation, Breathwork, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness practices
What are the benefits of Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy provides a nonjudgmental, unbiased, comfortable space to discuss and process your thoughts, feelings, life circumstances and behaviors. Therapy can teach you new techniques for communication, as well as different ways of thinking and actions that can positively impact your mental health.
Benefits of Therapy May Include:
- Improved mood
- Decreased anxiety & stress
- Letting go of pain from past experiences
- Increased self love & confidence
- Decreases in negative thinking
- Increased energy & motivation
- Healthier relationship with drugs, alcohol or compulsive behaviors
- Improved relationships
- Increased self awareness
- Accomplishing personal & professional goals
How much does therapy cost?
$115-150 for 60 minute individual therapy sessions
What are common therapy goals?
- “Improve my mood”
- “Decrease my anxiety”
- “Learn techniques to manage painful emotions effectively”
- “Build self esteem”
- “Increase self confidence”
- “Heal from past trauma”
- “Improve my relationships”
- “Improve my communication”
- “Learn to set healthy boundaries”
- “Increase mindfulness”
- “Achieve professional goals”
- “Improve work/ life balance”
- “Change unhelpful life patterns”
How will I know if therapy is working?
After beginning therapy you may notice…
- A positive change in your mood, mindset and thoughts
- You use healthier techniques to manage stress
- You might better understand yourself and your needs
- You are kinder to yourself
- Your relationships with others improve
- You feel more focused and motivated
- You find it easier to forgive yourself and others
- Your personal history no longer feels like it is negatively impacting your present life
- You may have a clearer sense of your boundaries and how to communicate them assertively
- You are more resilient to challenges
- You feel a sense of inner peace
How can I have a successful telehealth session?
- Meet in a private and comfortable place
- Ensure you have a good internet connection (use an ethernet cable and wired connection if possible)
- Make sure your device is charged/ plugged in
- Let your therapist know as soon as possible if you experience difficulty hearing or a lag in video calls
- Be thoughtful about the timing of your sessions and the events in your life before and after (you may not want to schedule a heavy session during your lunchbreak)
- Use a sound machine outside your room if privacy is a concern (your ipad/ phone playing a video of white noise works too!)
- Try to avoid a video session while you’re going on a walk (phone is best when you’re walking around)
- Avoid driving and talking or make calls in public if you have privacy concerns
- Make your therapy space comfortable- burn candles/ oils, dim the lights, sit in a comfortable chair etc.
How does “Walk and Talk” therapy work?
Elizabeth provides “walk and talk” therapy in Miami. Walk and talk sessions are conducted in Brickell Key or Bayfront Park Miami- these sessions consist of slow paced walking while talking through therapeutic concerns.
Walk and talk sessions can help to:
- Integrate the body and mind
- Provide exercise or gentle movement
- Facilitate in person connection
- Provide exposure to nature
- Gives a useful dose of Vitamin D and sunlight
COVID-19 precautions are taken. Sunscreen or sun protective clothing is recommended and adequate hydration is encouraged.
What Insurance Plans are accepted?
This practice accepts:
Medical billing specialists in this practice can also assist with billing for “out of network benefits” from other healthcare plans.
Latest from the Blog