Areas of Expertise:
Improving Relationships & Communication
Increasing Confidence & Self Esteem
Helping People Gain Control of their Emotions with Mindfulness
“I was a patient of Liz’s for close to three years, and she helped me crawl out of one of the lowest points of my life. I am so grateful to her for her patience, kindness, humor, and great advice & work to help me get better. I feel like a completely different person compared to who I was when I first started seeing her! She helped me facilitate my own growth and conquer so many hurdles – both in my day-to-day and in my head. I genuinely believe I couldn’t have done this all without her compassion and help; I can’t recommend her enough.”
– Anonymous Review, Zocdoc.com
“Elizabeth is one of the best things that has ever happened in my life. It took a lot for me to start therapy and I chatted with multiple therapist before coming across Elizabeth. She made me feel welcome and heard. She made me self reflect and really analyze my habits. I am not sure where I would be today without her. During one of the hardest times in my life, Elizabeth was my constant and helped me open up. Being a Latino, talking about emotions and feelings has never been my thing. I thought it made me weak but through therapy I learned what true strength is. An amazing therapist, extremely knowledgeable, caring, and an overall great person. Highly recommend.”
– Anonymous Review, Zocdoc.com
Read more reviews here
Frequently Asked Questions:
What conditions and concerns do you treat?
Conditions treated in this practice include:
- Overwhelming/ BIG Emotions
- Mood Disorders
- Relationship & Communication concerns
- Self Esteem and Confidence issues
- Anxious attachment styles
- Trauma & PTSD
How is therapy with you unique?
Passion & Compassion
I care deeply about people and truly love being a therapist. It’s immensely gratifying to help people better understand themselves, feel less emotional pain and achieve their personal goals. Therapy sessions with me feel comfortable, like opening up to a supportive friend. My aim is to help you feel accepted, understood and that you have an ally who will help you solve your problems.
Making you a Priority
During our sessions I’ll ensure you get the personalized attention, time and high quality care you deserve. I understand that every person is different and that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to mental health. I’ll make every effort to understand you, work with you collaboratively and meet your unique and individual needs.
Strategies that Work
While some therapists just listen, I take a more active approach. You deserve help solving your problems, improving relationships and changing longstanding patterns you’ve been struggling with. Our therapy work together helps you to think more positively, act more confidently and genuinely stops suffering rather than putting a band-aid over it. My scientifically proven methods lead to real, lasting change.
Support Beyond Sessions
Some people want therapy for a lifetime, while others want only a few sessions. I respect your choices and aim to help you improve your mental health on the timeline that works best for you. With my help you learn to become your own therapist over time- tuning in to your own needs and learning how to better support yourself.
I often share secure messages full of information and a review of what was discussed during your session. This information is yours to keep for life and can be a helpful reminder of what works to maintain your mental health.
What can I expect in a therapy session?
You can expect to feel validated, supported and better educated on how to manage painful feelings, improve your relationships and achieve your personal goals.
I practice Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) – which focuses on providing empathy and compassion while also teaching practical techniques to keep emotions balanced, reduce emotional pain, practice mindfulness, and improve relationships.
I listen intently during sessions and really care about your feelings and experiences. I utilize a non-judgmental approach to help you feel seen and heard, and work with you to find solutions to your problems.
Therapy sessions are 53-60 minutes. Most people meet with me weekly or every two weeks.
What are the benefits of Psychotherapy?
I have helped hundreds of people achieve benefits from therapy such as:
- Improved Mood
- Increased confidence & self love
- Decreased anxiety & stress
- Letting go of pain from past experiences
- Decreases in negative thinking
- Increased energy & motivation
- Improved relationships
- Increased self awareness
- Accomplishing personal & professional goals
How much does therapy cost?
$175 for 55 minute sessions
What are common therapy goals you help people work on?
- “Improve my mood”
- “Decrease my anxiety/ stress”
- “Learn techniques to manage painful emotions effectively”
- “Decrease my reactivity”
- “Increase self confidence”
- “Heal from past trauma”
- “Improve my relationships”
- “Improve my communication”
- “Learn to set healthy boundaries”
- “Achieve professional goals”
- “Improve work/ life balance”
- “Change unhelpful life patterns”
How will I know if therapy is working?
Some of the positive changes that come from therapy:
- A positive change in mood, mindset and thoughts
- You use healthier techniques to manage stress
- You better understand yourself and your needs
- You are kinder to yourself
- Your relationships with others improve
- You feel more focused and motivated
- You find it easier to forgive yourself and others
- Your personal history no longer feels like it is negatively impacting your present life
- You have a clearer sense of your boundaries and how to communicate them assertively
- You are more resilient to challenges
- You feel a sense of inner peace
What Insurance Plans are accepted?
Currently I am not accepting new clients using their insurance plans. However, my medical billing specialists may be able to help you to get money back from certain insurance plans if you have “out of network benefits.”
Latest from the Blog